Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Week 4

Week 4 

Practical Plan for Assignment 3 

So the event I have chosen to attend is the Sugar City Con, this is mainly due to the price of tickets at the moment I am struggling for money as I have recently moved and have no job. I also found this event more appealing with international guest like comic book artists and voice actors from some of my favourite  tv shows.I have only recently moved to the area and also know where the Mackay Showgrounds are compared to the Virgin Australia Stadium I don't know where that is. Sugar City Con has more events to cover throughout the two days compared to the Bull Riding Blow Out. Sugar city con has a zombie fun run, anime screening, jumping castle for kids, cosplay competition, vintage comic books for sale and heaps more. I personal believe that the Sugar City Con has more to make for a great story than the Bull Riding Blow Out. 

Quotes from people that I wish to get from people would be the host of the event, winners of the cosplay (people who dress up in costume) competition and just general feedback from the public attendees. 

After watching the 'Why you Should Plan video' the three key points I took from that video was establish the main events you want to cover, find a schedule and finally get accreditation if needed. However even with these key points and planing know that you will need to adapt to what happens on the day. 

Inquiry Activity 

The Sydney morning Herald Entertainment, Rob Pattinson talks about his new film, The Rover with Dave O'Neil, viewed 16th September 2015: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/robert-pattinson-talksabout-his-new-film-the-rover-withdave-oneil-20140619-zs99j.html

a)  This article was horrible the title was boring, it did not grab my attention or make me want to read it and it did not give an inside into what the story was going to be about. There was no formal language used it was way to laid back and to casual it was like somebody telling a story about their weekend to a friend. The author tried to be funny and use comedy through the article but I did not find it funny. The main reason this article is poorly written is does not discuss the movie as the title of the article suggests. 

AGForce, Drought worst in living memory: AgForce survey, viewed 16th September 2015: http://www.agforceqld.org.au/index.php?tgtPage=news&id=view,478 

b) This media release was great it had everything a media release should have. It uses quotes from the General President of Agforce and uses factual information from the survey. It begins and ends correctly and has a contact number at the end for further enquirers. 


Technical activity - Quiz Results

I struggled with the quiz this week, I am not the best when it comes to Grammar and Punctuation. I should have read the chapter more thoroughly. It took me four attempts to get 100%  on this weeks quiz however my second and third attempts where both 90%. I need to read the chapter and take notes so when I do the quizzes it will help jot my memory.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah,

    It's good to hear that you have been thinking of ways in which you can improve your quiz scores. I personally found that reading the chapters thoroughly and highlighting/taking notes helped me a great deal. Did you find that it helped you in more recent weeks?

    Regards,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Dana Since incorporating this into my studying I have sen improvement in my scores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Dana Since incorporating this into my studying I have sen improvement in my scores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hannah,

    Great work on planning for your third assessment. The use of a table is really clever and such an easy way to brainstorm situations. Your plan is structured well yet I think it needs a little more information. For example, planning WHAT you wish to document at the event as well as WHO would be a great advantage. This will ensure you don't miss a thing.

    Totally agree with you on the article. Wasn't it a bore? You have identified correctly why it was a poor article and what did/did not grab your attention. Always remember to proof read though.

    You did well on the next article as well! Although some elaboration on why it was good would benefit you. For example, how did the language used differ from the other one? Also the structure of the article, is it easy to read? If so, why?

    The punctuation quizzes have definitely been the worst. I've been tripped up numerous times as well. It's great to hear you persevered until you reached 100%.

    Thanks Hannah,
    Shayla

    ReplyDelete