Thursday, 24 September 2015

Week 10

Week 10 

Inquiry Activity 

Airbnb, welcome home, viewed 24th September 2015: https://www.airbnb.com.au/

The website I have chosen is Airbnb, I recently had to do a presentation on Airbnb for another course and when research found their website very interesting. This is mainly due to their photo's and graphics used to grab the audience. Airbnb is a website that helps people find affordable accommodation all around the world. People called hosts rent out their properties to people on the website for money,this can be anywhere around the world for amazing prices. This is Airbnb's logo:



As you can see their logo is pink and their is a reason behind this. Pink represents friendship, affection, harmony and approach-ability. These are all qualities Airbnb need to have within their organisation. 

They also have a trademark which is "Welcome Home". 


Airbnb is a effective website it makes the user want to keep exploring with all the beautiful photo's. Airbnb is a great organisation and has made it easy for people to travel the world. 


Practical Activity 

The checklist has been completed and I have used the feedback from student to improve my blog. I have found this assignment interesting, to start with I thought it was just going to be a annoying assignment that will take up all my time. 

However after a few weeks I really started enjoying myself and found out how to design and change my blog. Throughout this assignment I believe I have improved in my writing and have learnt many new skills. At the end of this course I hope I have gain immense knowledge to help me with my future career. 

I am not that great with technology, but after playing around and reviewing other peoples blog I am proud of what I have achieved with this assignment. 

Technical Activity 

The checklist made me go through and check three major areas throughout my blog:

  • Did I capitalise all my I's and I'ms I'ds 
  • Do I need a semi colon before my however's  
  • The last one was the length of my sentences  












3 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah, Airbnb has quickly become one of my favourite ways to find a place to stay. Just like you said it provides affordable prices and has beautiful photos.
    cheers,
    Melissa Choice
    http://melissachoicecomm11007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Hannah!

    You've done a great job of assessing your chosen website. You've provided good background information of Airbnb and you've done a great analysis of their logo! Who knew that logos could say so much about a company!

    I honestly don't have any suggestions for your blog post as it is well-written. All I can say is there's some awkward phrasing in the first paragraph, and some grammar and punctuation errors.

    Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hannah,

    Congratulations on your blog! It's been a pleasure to give you feedback on them all!
    AirBNB is so fantastic, I have used it in my travels through Europe and I honestly don't know where I'd be without it. Wise choice.

    You have analysed their website very well. Your logo analysis is concise and informative and your observation of their trademark is well done.

    Your writing has definitely improved, Hannah! You should be very happy. You have provided consistent work to a good standard so I hope you get a fabulous mark :)

    Shayla

    ReplyDelete